Nuala Grace - Masters Thesis Research (CURRENT)
Nuala Grace, one of our Senior Physiotherapists is currently undertaking research for her Masters Thesis through AUT.
We look forward to supporting Nuala while she works through this project.
A study to examine the endurance of the hamstring muscles 9-12 months after surgery to reconstruct the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) of the knee with a hamstring graft: a cross sectional inter-limb comparison.
HOW TO QUALIFY TO PARTICIPATE
1. Have had surgery to reconstruct the ACL using a hamstring graft, within the past 12 months.
2. Must have clearance from your surgeon or physiotherapist to participate in exercise and rehabilitation.
3. Be aged 20-45years old. Male or Female.
1. Must not have any known neurological, cardiovascular or respiratory conditions (Mild asthma is okay).
2. No previous notable lower limb injury in either leg.
3. Must not have High Blood Pressure.
4. No history of back pain in 6 months prior.
5. No previous notable knee injuries in either knee.
6. No meniscal involvement in your ACL repair (If you are unsure about this, please ask us)
7. No fractures or MCL involvement in your injury.
WHERE WILL RESEARCH TAKE PLACE
If you choose / are chosen to participate in this study, you will be required to attend one session at one of the following locations:
YMCA, Akoranga Drive, Northcote
Biomechanics Lab, Health and Rehabilitation Institute, AUT Campus, Akoranga Drive, Northcote.
The initial session will be 60-90 minutes.
If you have had an ACL reconstruction using a hamstring graft, qualify under the criteria and would be interested in helping Nuala with her research, please contact us on email@example.com or contact Nuala directly on 09 489 1020, 0211788973 or firstname.lastname@example.org